My hubby and I were away for five days. I was unplugged from email and social networks. And guess what . . . I didn’t miss it. It was a vacation of being rather than doing, and it was amazing. You will hear more about it in the days ahead since I gained a lot of fodder for blog posts – and a refocused life.
As we come down the homestretch of this round of A Round of Words in 80 Days, I would like to share what I hope to accomplish this week.
Focus on Earning
- listening to a Firepole Marketing webinar and reading the resources
- making a more definite business plan
Focus on Writing
- three morning pages each day
- devotional(s) based on John 1
- two seniors’ living articles
- my sponsor piece for the next round
- entry for new anthology
- blog posts (at least one for here and one for stephbethnickel.com; one for Christian Editing Services; and one for Kimberley Payne)
Focus on Speaking
My coauthor and I will be speaking at the ladies’ potluck brunch this coming Saturday at my church. The brunch will be followed by a book signing at a local bookstore. I have to tweak my part of the talk a little and review it enough to feel comfortable with what I want to say – though it won’t be exactly as written. This is the first time we’ve spoken together. It’s going to be fun.
Focus on Reading
I’m reading Exile by Rachel Starr Thomson and The Language of Sparrows by Rachel Phifer . . . and loving them both.
I’m also reading The Christian Mama’s Guide to Having a Baby by Erin MacPherson and Proofreading Secrets of Best-Selling Authors by Kathy Ide. I’m reading both for business . . . and enjoying them to boot.
I hope to make significant headway in all of the above.
I’m also working through The Artist’s Way book, workbook, and journal.
Focus on Beautifying Our Home
While I was away, I stumbled across the truth that the word “declutter” carries a negative connotation, an “if . . . then . . .” weight. I recommitted to beautifying my home step by step. Funny how a more positive word results in a more positive outlook and increased motivation.
Focus on Health
- walk for 30 minutes 5-6 days
- drink 2+L of water per day (including no caff herbal tea now that the weather is cooler)
- 2 upper body and 2 lower body workouts or 3 full-body workouts
- more fruits and veggies
- less unhealthy snacking
Focus on ROW
- write sponsor post (as mentioned above)
- check in with my peeps Monday and Thursday