A couple of you have asked what my schedule looks like. Since I’m a big fan of openness and honesty, I thought I’d give you a glimpse of a typical day.
1. I get out of bed…whenever I feel like it (unless I have to drive my hubby to work at 7:30).
2. I check my email and Facebook…and sometimes other social networks as well.
3. I write an impressive To Do list.
4. …and check my email.
5. I read the ebooks I’m reading for Blogging for Books and Booksneeze.
6. …and check my email.
7. I grab something to eat.
8. …and check my email.
9. I run errands.
10. I put away the things I picked up.
11. …and check my email.
12. I wash the dishes, if I absolutely have to, and make supper.
13. I eat in front of the TV with my hubby.
14. …and check my email.
15. I plan to do better the next day and write another impressive list, transferring the things I didn’t get done.
16. I watch TV and often fall asleep while doing so.
17. I check my social networks and turn off my computer.
18. I head for bed.
If I’m working on an editing project, that get’s top billing. I try to get these projects done in as short a time as possible.
I was doing extremely well with my blogging, but I’ve even fallen behind on that.
I know perfectly well that my tiredness has a lot to do with lack of physical activity and poor eating habits. Doing better in these areas often makes it onto my To Do list, but good intentions aren’t enough.
I’m still debating whether it would be better to do a little of everything each day or simply devote several hours to working on a single pursuit. For example, I could devote one day per week to writing; another to completing the requirements for my birth doula certification; another to reading, including those blogs and online articles I want to read…
While I’m mulling that over, I’m going to catch up on my blogging.
If your schedule is yours to make, how do you allot your time?