Before my mom passed away, she gave me insight into what a confusing world this can be for older people. This post is not to make you sad, but to give you some perspective and maybe a laugh or two.
You’re going to have to use your imagination. Pretend you only have an understanding of what the following words meant 50 years ago. Conjure up the mental picture and see where the confusion lies.
1. I have to shut some of the windows or my machine will freeze.
2. You have to double click the mouse.
3. I need new hardware.
4. How many new messages do you have in your inbox?
5. This monitor is hurting my eyes.
6. Do you want to surf the net?
7. There’s a tower under the desk.
8. I’m going to crawl around the web.
And how about these? Many of the words wouldn’t even have made sense.
9. How many gigabytes of memory do you have?
10. I purchased a software upgrade.
11. I just googled myself.
12. I bought a computer.