The Rules of Tagged
1. Post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you in his/her post.
3. Create 11 new questions to ask those you tag.
4. Tag 11 people on the Facebook page with a link to this post.
My Answers to Melinda’s Questions
1. What clothes do you wear when you want to be the most comfortable?
~ capris and a t-shirt
2. What is your favourite childhood vacation spot and why?
~ anywhere I could swim
3. Which city did you grow up in, and if you don’t live there now would you go back?
I grew up in the country, one hour north of Toronto, Ontario. If my hubby and I found work in the area, I would consider living there again.
4. Who is the person you admire the most?
My husband ranks very high on the list. He has loved and provided for me for almost three decades. We wrote our vows and he promised to love me “as Christ loved the church.” At the time, I thought it was a lovely sentiment but had no idea how he was going to live it out. He has – even when I was very unlovable.
5. How many hours do you sleep a night, and how many would you like to sleep?
I aim for at least six. Somewhere between seven and eight would probably be best.
6. What do you think has been the most challenging part of blogging?
~ sticking with it when life happens
7. What do you admire in other people’s blogs?
~ openness, honesty, and authenticity: traits I admire in people
8. What would you say to someone who thinks they know everything?
After trying very hard not to laugh, I would try to gently point out that no one, no matter how smart, knows everything.
9. Do you pick up hitchhikers, and if you don’t, why not?
I don’t. Sadly, because in this day and age, it’s just too scary.
10. If you could live in any city in the world, where would you live and why?
I would move to Jasper, Alberta, with my hubby. It’s his favourite place on earth.
11. What was your favourite childhood game?
It’s not a game, but I loved to horseback ride.
My Answers to Susan’s Questions
1. What gets you out of bed each day?
I truly enjoy what I do.
2. If an alien landed on earth, what would your top tip ‘for living here’ be?
Look for ways to make the lives of others better.
3. What is your ‘happy song’?
My theme song is Johnny Reid’s “Today I’m Gonna Try and Change the World.”
4. Do you have a special place real or imagined?
I enjoy sitting in my backyard in the hammock chair my family bought for me as the sun sets, the solar lights go on, and the fireflies come out, specialty coffee in hand.
5. What childhood fable, fairy tale or movie stretched your imagination and sticks with you today?
This is a tough one. I can’t really think of anything.
6. What is your idea of a perfect evening?
Going out to dinner and a movie with my hubby and our three grown kids.
7. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
It may sound corny, but I always wanted to be a mom.
8. What is your favorite type of movie?
That, too, is a tough call. I often enjoy a well-acted drama based on a true story, but it’s rarely what I choose when given the option. (“Freedom Writers” is my favourite movie.) I like action/adventure, sci-fi, chick flicks, some teen romance, and CG, but nothing above a PG rating.
9. If you won the lottery would you tell anyone?
It would be hard to keep something like that to myself. I would probably tell family and friends.
10. If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be?
As I mentioned, my husband would like to at least visit Jasper. I would want to do that for him.
11. Do you believe in Destiny?
As a Christian, I believe in a loving God who has my future in His hands.
1. What was your very first blog post about?
2. Why did you decide to participate in UBC?
3. Do you belong to any other FB writing groups? Which ones?
4. If you could make a living pursuing just one type of writing, what would it be?
5. What is your favourite social network and why?
6. What is your favourite time of year and why?
7. Do you absolutely love to do something that isn’t writing-related? What would that be?
8. What do you do when you want to take a break?
9. What’s the single best piece of advice you ever received?
10. If you had to move to a different country, which would you choose? Why?
11. What one word would you use to describe your life today?
The 11 Bloggers of my choice:
3. Cathy Morton
5. Nikki Riddle
8. Dyrene Bell
10. Emily Brewer
and last, but definitely not least my WB (writing buddy)