I tried on a dress today.
“Oh, my! Is that really my reflection?”
It could have bummed me out, but no, instead, it spurred me on.
Here are eight reasons I’m glad I’m overweight.
1. I know my appearance is not the most important thing, but I can’t neglect it either. If I want to have the energy to do those things that are important to me ~ and lower my health risks, I have to take care of my physical well-being.
2. I’ve finally set a deadline for my weight loss. “One day” is no longer enough. (The number that really matters is the percentage of body fat. If I have to choose between being a healthy 140 pounds or an less healthy 130, I go with the former. Besides, toned muscle looks so much nicer than the alternative, and muscle burns more calories than fat for ongoing positives.)
3. Therefore, I have to workout regularly and include a significant amount of cardio.
4. I also have to eat better. Thankfully, this is something I enjoy once I get into the habit.
5. I have to replace my calorie-rich beverages with water. (I will, however, allow myself a home-brewed specialty coffee each day ~ unless the calorie info proves too scary.)
6. And yes, I will have to restrict my sweet intake. We used to eat dessert only on the weekends. I can do that again.
7. My reflection also made me take an honest look at other things I have been making excuses about ~ and determine to change. (See “No Excuses,” posted earlier today.)
8. All that said, I have to take some time to plan. These things won’t just happen.
A Word to Readers
This is a very personal post. We each have different priorities at any given time in life. This is my time to deal with my weight.