This morning I spent about three hours doing – gasp! – housework. Don’t be too impressed. The persnickety types would never know it, but I do. Yay!
And how can a horrible housekeeper know she should let the bound and gagged inner maid out for a bit? Here are half a dozen tests:
1. There’s no more room in the laundry hamper for the dirty clothes. And let’s not even talk about towels and bedding.
2. You hand guests a shovel when they arrive so they can clear a path to the living room.
3. You pray no-one has to asks the facilities while visiting.
4. Your offspring says, amidst the flying dust, “It’s a good thing my asthma isn’t serious.” (True story.)
5. You think you might need to hire a therapist if you neglect your surroundings any longer.
6. The city worker is on your front porch – carrying a CONDEMNED sign.
I just may have to schedule time each week that I can devote to housecleaning. Sh, don’t tell, but there is a real sense of satisfaction knowing at least a tiny corner of your dwelling is in order.
Take that, Procrastination List!