Here are the rules:
*Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to his or her blog.
*Display the award somewhere on your blog.
*List 11 facts about yourself.
*Answer 11 questions chosen by the blogger who nominated you.
*Come up with 11 questions to ask your nominees.
*Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think deserve the award and who have fewer than 1,000 followers. (Please do not re-nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
*Go to their blogs and inform them that they’ve been nominated.
11Things You May Not Know about Me
1. I once decided to buy nothing but blue clothes.
2. I don’t care for sweet relish, rhubarb, and rice pudding.
3. Even though I haven’t ridden horseback in 28 years, it is still one of my favourite things to do.
4. I once had eight blogs up and running at the same time until I brought things together under the Steph Nickel’s Eclectic Interests umbrella.
5. I began blogging after attending a workshop by Ann Voskamp at Write Canada.
6. I love a great story, but I have to care deeply about at least one or two of the characters or it falls flat for me. (It doesn’t matter if I want to throttle them or hug them; I just have to feel strongly.)
7. One of the highlights of my year is attending Write Canada.
8. I will be attending The Word Awards for the first time this year. Six of my good friend Lisa Hall-Wilson’s articles have been nominated for awards.
9. I belong to The Word Guild and InScribe Christian Writers’ Fellowship . . . and I love it!
10. The more authors I get to know personally, the harder I find it to walk past their books in a bookstore. Sigh!
11. For me life is all about relationships. My most important relationship is with Jesus Christ (see my brief testimony below). After that it would be hard to rank their importance to me.
These are the 11 Questions Melinda McMillan Benn asked her nominees to answer . . . and my answers (in purple). (Thank you so much for the nomination, Melinda. Much appreciated.)
1. What do you like to do the most in your spare time? Why? Most? That’s a tough one. As my blog title indicates, I have eclectic interests. How about my top five? Spending time with family. Getting together with friends. Reading (a wide range of genres). Going to the movies. Watching my favourite shows on Netflix.
2. Which city would you like to live in one day? I bet you didn’t think these questions would be hard to answer, Melinda. One son lives in Saskatchewan and the other in Scotland and who knows where my daughter will settle? So, I would have a tough time choosing where to live. However, since my hubby loves, loves, loves Jasper, Alberta, I would have to say that would be my choice.
3. Which city were you born in? What was special about that city? I was born in Brampton, ON. I loved going shopping with my mom there when I got older. We had lots of fun.
4. What do you think makes a blogger successful? My definition of success is “to make someone else’s life brighter and better.” If my blog does that, I consider it a success.
5. What is your love language? Not sure what love languages are; check out this link: http://www.5lovelanguages.com/#discovery-whom Touch ranks very high as my love language. However, I don’t go around hugging everyone I meet, so my non-hugging family, friends, and acquaintances don’t have to run when they see me coming. 🙂
6. Are you married, single, divorced? What do you like the best about where you are at today? I’ve been married for almost 32 years to the same amazing man. He promised to love me as Christ loved the church when we exchanged vows . . . and he has spent over three decades doing just that.
7. What is your favorite season? Why? I love autumn . . . the smells, the colours, the sound of crunching leaves underfoot, the hint of a chill in the air, the sense of new beginnings . . .
8. If you could only live somewhere very hot or really cold, which would you choose and why? If I can specify “hot and dry,” I’d be good with that. Neither extreme cold nor humidity are my friends, since I’m asthmatic and all.
9. Who does the dishes in your house? Which chore do you like the most or the least? I wash; my daughter dries – every few days or so. (And that is one reason I used to write Confessions of a Horrible Housekeeper.) I enjoy having completed the housework. I don’t really mind doing it; I would just rather do other things.
10. Do you have family game night? If so, which board game is your favorite? Our board game preferences vary. I play Scrabble with my hubby and Monopoly with our daughter. We never had a games night per se when the boys lived at home,
but we did play board games and Wii together from time to time.
11. If you are believer in Jesus Christ; share your testimony with us. If not, what is holding you back? I had a childish faith when I was young, which grew into a childlike faith (Luke 18:16-18). I am so thankful for a believing mom and a dad who, although he didn’t share my faith, offered to pay for Bible College and never belittled me for my beliefs. No matter how many times I read a portion God’s Word, it is fresh, new, and applicable. My Christianity isn’t merely what I believe; it is who I am. It will deepen and grow until He calls me home to heaven. And all of this is because of God’s grace, not my achievement or innate worth (Ephesians 2:8).
11 Questions for My Nominees(definitely in no particular order)
1.What is the first word that comes to mind if someone asks you to describe yourself?
2. What is your favourite novel of all time?
3. Where would you go on vacation if cost wasn’t a factor? Why?
4.If you were to go on a missions/humanitarian trip, where would you go? Why?
5.What do you feel is the single most important thing a parent can teach his/her child?
6. Pets . . . yes or no? What kind?
7. What do you do for exercise?
8. If you could have any career, what would it be?
9. What is one of your pet peeves?
10. What top three qualities/personality traits do you admire most?
11. If your readers would only remember one thing you told them, what would you want it to be?
I would like to nominate the following individuals – and so many more. (Some may have more than 1,000 followers, but their blogs are well worth mentioning.)