My hubby and I spent a couple of days in the States at the Worship Matters conference.
Here are a half dozen things that made it a simple endeavour.
1. I washed the dishes before we left and asked my daughter to put them away. (It’s wonderful coming home to a clean kitchen.)
2. A couple of individuals were in charge of making all the plans, including booking the hotel rooms and reserving our spots at the conference. (My thanks to them.)
3. We carpooled with the others going from our church. (Some went ahead to do a little shopping, but six women went in one van and four men in the other. We had a great time chatting and getting to know one another.)
4. After the session Friday night and the three on Saturday, we got together as a group and brainstormed ideas applicable to our church. (If you’re traveling for business, it’s very helpful to review things right away while it’s still fresh in your mind. For us, it made a huge difference, and made us truly feel part of the group.)
5. We traveled light, taking only what we needed.
6. I did not make use of the free computer in the lobby of the hotel. (It was good to make a break from the Web for a couple of days.)